Foothill Auto Body is excited that the summer months will soon be upon us. What better time to take a road trip with the family. No matter what destination you choose there are a few things that will assist you with safe and pleasurable travels.
- Fuel: Before you set out on your trip, take a look at a map and guestimate where you’ll need to stop and refuel. Find an interesting place to have a meal in the vicinity. We agree that historic diners and lakeside picnics make for interesting stops along the way. This will detour you from stopping and starting to your final destination. Combining gas stops with breaks saves a lot of time in the long run.
- Boredom: If you are traveling with children on a long trip, boredom can easily set in. For longer road trips try playing trivia games or “I Spy” to keep from getting to restless. This is a great way to occupy time and spend quality time together.
- Money Savings: Like most travelers, you may be looking for ways to cut back on your expenses. Pack plenty of pre-bought snacks and perhaps rent DVDs from your local library (often times free) to entertain the kiddos on the road.
- Cleaning Supplies: Whenever traveling with a small baby or toddler you can bring along a box of denture cleanser tablets. They are great for cleaning pacifiers, baby spoons, sippy cup lids and anything else that is hard to sterilize while you are on the road.
- Paperwork: Before heading out it is a good idea to make sure all of your identification, paperwork (driver’s license, registration, insurance) is up to date and securely tucked away in an easy to get to location like the glove box.
- Exercise: When traveling with antsy children you may want to pack a toy bag with essentials to burn off some of their excess energy at road stops. Jump ropes, inflatable beach balls, a stop watch for running or sidewalk chalk for hopscotch and foursquare are a few items that may come in handy.
- Entertainment: Every parent who drives with kids in the car needs to know about org, a worldwide automobile safety program that distributes free cell phone headsets to anyone who wants one. To get a free headset for your cell phone, you just need to sign up and select the make and model of the cell phone you use. They will send you a free headset, but you pay the shipping charges (about $5).
- Hotels: If your road trip will require an overnight stay, take advantage of hotels that offer free breakfast to cut down on meal costs. It is also recommended that you acclimate your children with the hotel room. Take a few minutes after settling into a new hotel room to show them how to operate the hotel phone. Kids should know how to contact the front desk, how to get an outside line, and how to call for an ambulance.
Our certified technicians are ready to answer any questions you have about the auto collision repair process. We have convenient hours. Stop by and see us today.
For auto collision repair services you can trust contact Foothill Auto Body.
Exceeding Your Expectations With Workmanship and a Lifetime Guarantee
Foothill Auto Body
9777 Foothill Blvd.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730